We finally
fell out
somewhere between Doncaster and Newcastle
spoiling a 25-year record of sweetness unparalleled,
scarce a cross word
but this fissure was both critical and fiery
The silent boiling and cross-eyed fuming nearly
caused a derailment
we both forgot what the cause was
what was the cause what
caused it it just didn't it just wasn't
I forget exactly what. But
The border had been crossed, and
I made one last foolhardy approach
at a humorous breaking of the
ice: "Ah say, Ah say noo,
we're in bonny Scotland
can ye not extend a haun of kindness noo"
But it acted like a punch to the gut
not even worthy of a withering look
My bad
As they say.
We pulled into Waverley, my
mind reeling, would we need to arrange
separate accommodations etc
And how would we negotiate the
Party Conference, as the
so-called golden couple
I grabbed my suitcase and saw there was a considerable
leap required from train to platform
talk about mind the gap this
was more like a standing
long jump, of which it happened I was
a gold medallist
(Devonian Games 2002) so my
ability to spring forth, and to
bounce back
would once more be tested
No comments:
Post a Comment